Accounting and Finance Supervisor
The Tennessee Credit Union
Position: Accounting Specialist I or II (ACH)
Department: Accounting & Finance
Reports To: Accounting & Finance Supervisor
FLSA: Hourly Grade: 7-8 Range: $36,260- $67,420
Responsible for the administration of the credit union ACH/ Share Draft program. Provides entry-level bookkeeping and clerical support to the accounting & finance department by performing the following duties.
• Perform daily administrative duties of the credit union ACH program.
• Maintain the return file and authorize IS to send the file to APCU’s ACH processor.
• Assist in the annual ACH audit and resolve any findings.
• Stay abreast of industry changes and make recommendations to management.
• Research and process Notice of Reclamation from the federal government.
• Process documents for ACH origination via APCU’s ACH processor
• Comply with Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering and OFAC regulations as they relate to ACH administration.
• Process daily processing of share draft returns and provide member notices.
• Process payroll deduction requests and DBOs
• Balance DS and Volcorp GL’s daily
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in training new personnel and overseeing the cross-training of Accounting Department staff to maintain a backup in all positions.
• Provides accounting information to management and/or other departments, as needed.
• Assists in researching outages in the general ledger.
• Other duties as may be assigned by the Accounting & Finance Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from a 4-year college or university required, or equivalent combination of education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the functions of the position.
Experience and Other Requirements:
• Minimum one (1) year prior accounting experience required, preferably in a credit union or financial institution environment, with demonstrated progressive supervisory experience.
• Experience in or knowledge of financial institution products, services, and records preferred.
• Must possess strong working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
• Experience in or knowledge of banking and finance as related to money management and cash flows required.
• Must possess knowledge of data processing capabilities and procedures.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of employees and outside vendors.
• Strong ability to manage time efficiently by organizing, prioritizing, and delegating required.
• Must possess the ability to effectively coordinate many projects simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and competency.
• Strong analytical and reasoning skills are required.
• Excellent organizational required.
• Must possess the ability to establish credibility and make sound judgments.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required with the ability to interact with all levels of management, employees, volunteers, members, vendors, and the general public.
Extensive use of personal PC required, with working knowledge of Microsoft applications, including Word and Excel. Must possess strong core banking computer skills.
Must be proficient in the use of the internet and e-mail.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing, or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
The incumbent will be required to create a team environment in Accounting and Finance that embraces The Tennessee Credit Union’s Organization Values of Trust, Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Communication, Loyalty, and Quality.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Ability to achieve Advanced ACH Professional certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, and walk; use hands to finger, handle, feel, or grasp; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift, carry, and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Extensive use of desktop computers is required. The noise level is that of a normal office environment.
In order to qualify to be promoted to a level II, the employee must be able to illustrate full proficiency in two additional positions within the department (Not including their primary role). This will be confirmed by the employee periodically backing up the roles without any assistance. The time frame can range from one day to one full quarter.
The human resources department retains the sole rights and discretion to make changes to this job description.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions.
I have read and understand the duties and responsibilities of this position and will perform them to the best of my ability. I understand what is required and expected of me to meet the performance standards of the position. I acknowledge that I am able to perform the functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
__________________ ______________________ ___________
Team Member Name Team Member Signature Date
__________________ ______________________ __________
Supervisor’s Name Supervisor’s Signature Date